*Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is "Computation Time"?
Computing parameter requests for Grasshopper files takes time. The more complex a Grasshopper file is, the more computation time is required from our servers. Choose the right type of plan depending on your computation time requirements. We have more information on this topic here or contact our sales team to discuss the options we have available for you.
2. What is "Computation Priority"?
Our Free, Designer, Designer Plus and Business plans are part of a shared server system. Before a computation process can start in our servers, a computation request is queued. Accounts with higher computation priority get access to more servers quicker, thus ensuring a faster response times. This is particularly useful when having many simultaneous users during peak times.
Enterprise plans have private systems so they do not share performance nor server availability with other users, therefore this doesn't apply to them.
3. What are "Credits"?
Credits are like tokens or coins. Each paid account comes with a predetermined number of credits that auto-renews every month. They are consumed every time certain tasks exclusive to paid users take place, such as starting sessions and triggering exports.
1 credit = 1 session or 1 export
- Session*: every time a model is loaded in a whitelisted website via an embedded viewer (iframe or directly embedded).
- Export: every time a model (via our platform or embedded) exports any type of file (pdf, stl, dxf, etc.).
* Each session has a duration of up to 10 minutes during which unlimited parameter changes can happen. If the session exceeds 10 minutes, another credit is deducted for every 10 more minutes of usage. If a configurator is left unattended, we only count the previously active session(s) until the user comes back and starts using the configurator again. For more technical information on sessions, please visit our Help section.
4. How can I track my credits?
All paid plans include access to an Analytics Dashboard that allows to monitor daily, weekly and monthly credit consumption at an account and per-model basis.
5. Can I purchase more credits?
Yes. If for any reason you reach your monthly credit limit, you'll have the option to purchase additional 1,000 monthly credits for €39/month. For more information, please contact sales.
6. Can I increase my available computation time?
Yes. We offer different types of plans depending on the amount of computation required by your Grasshopper models. Free, Designer and Designer Plus plans include up to 10 seconds. Designer and Designer Plus plans can be upgraded to up to 30 seconds for €150/month. Business plans already include up to 30 seconds and can be expanded to up to 60 seconds. Enterprise plans can be configured with custom computation times. Contact our sales team in order to learn more about these options.
7. What does "support" mean exactly?
All ShapeDiver users have access to support and troubleshooting for topics related to our plugin, platform and API. This also includes bug reporting, clarifications regarding our help documentation or video tutorials and feature requests. Depending on your type of plan, this support is provided by our team via our Forum, email or video calls.
For inquiries regarding our private optimization and development services, please send us a contact request via our "Talk To Sales" button on our website.
8. Can I pay in another currency other than Euros?
Yes. Depending on your location, our system can switch between Euros, US Dollars, Australian Dollars and British Pounds.